Experimentation is key to learning, and this steal gives your curious kiddo the tools to make a memorable gift for National Grandparents Day. Get your little Da Vinci started with these art essentials from Mimi the Sardine, and then let their gift-making creativity run wild with Wee Can Too's Veggie Art Kit. This chemical-free kit is primed for finger painting, family portraits, or crayon renditions of the family dog. Made with organic fruit, vegetable powders, and dyes, you don't have to worry about petroleum and other toxic additives getting in the way of imagination. For a slightly more scientific approach to making a present for grandma and grandpa, Sun Art Paper from TEDCO Toys combines exploration, creative selection, and light exposure to develop amazing images kids and grandparents will love.
Wee Can Too Veggie Art KitFeatures
- each set includes
- 3 veggie finger paints (.8 oz packets)
- one green, one yellow, and one red/pink
- 1 veggie crayon nugget (.8 oz each)
- 1 chalk
- made with organic food and plant-based ingredients making them hand-to-mouth safe
- naturally dyed with pumpkin, beets, and spinach
- square shape helps them tuck easily into baby's palm and are fun to stack and build
- not intended as food
- vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, no sugar, and no preservatives
- supervise children at all times
- intended for children age 6+ months
To Use Paints
- add a little more than equal amounts of water to paint powder in a cup or dish
- paint will be very thick
- slowly add more water until you have reached the desired consistency
- can be saved up to one month in the refrigerator
Mimi the Sardine
- eco-friendly, durable, and safe fabric construction
- easy to clean: wipe clean or machine-wash, tumble dry low
- made from cotton that has an acrylic coating (not PVC) that is permanently water, soil, and mess resistant yet remains soft and supple
- coated fabrics meet the Oeko-Tex 100 Standard which certifies that the cloth does not contain harmful chemicals and components
- world-class Swedish design
- made in the U.S.
- size: 16.5W x 19.5"L
- fits 2-6 years
- dimensions: 9 1/8 x 5 1/4
TEDCO Sun Art Paper
- 15 sheets of 4"x6" sunart paper
- 15 sheets of 5"x7" sunart paper
- 15 sheets of 8"x10" sunart paper
- detailed instructions, including project ideas
- acrylic sheet to hold shadow objects in place
- made in the U.S.
Inspiration for today's steal!
For ages six and up, younger children will need the help of an adult.
How does it work?
- select your shadow object: anything from shapes to flowers and leaves
- assemble your creation: place objects on sun-sensitive paper in the desired design, then place acrylic sheet on top
- expose paper to sun: when the paper turns light blue, it's done
- rinse the paper: add a few drops of lemon juice to rinse water for more intense results
- dry on paper towels; once dry, flatten under a book if desired
Unlike many science kits today, SunArt products put the creativity of the user at the focal point of experimentation. Not only does this project appeal to those who love science but also to those who appreciate art, imagery, crafts, and photography.
- do not bend envelopes prior to use
- do not expose sun sensitive paper to sunlight prior to creating desired images
- overexposure to sunlight will produce unwanted results
- monitor progress of exposure carefully